Wednesday 26 March 2014

Spring Skin For Bodies!

Last week we took a look at how you can slough off the shadows of winter and brighten your skin so that you can smile with confidence as Springtime roles round. Today are back in the bathroom and carrying on the theme by having a good look at how Dermalogica can help you combat dry skin on the body so that you can prep yourself at home before showing off arms and legs this year as we shed some of the clothing layers!

Body therapy products are a small line within Dermalogica, but I really like the way that you can mix and match them to make a fully prescribed routine at home. With just a few products you can have glowing, hydrated skin that you will love showing off in the sun.

The best body rituals that you can do at home follow closely the routines that we encourage for your facial system; cleanse, exfoliate regularly, and daily hydrate. Boosters in the shape of mineral salts and oils can be added when need them to carry away the aches and pains as well.

Wash It Away

Conditioning Body Wash is a rich botanical based, soap free, cleanser for the body. I personally use it Ultimate Buffing Cloth as not only do I end up using less as the cloth foams it up and allows it to go a long, long way, but the cloth also gives my skin a gentle topical exfoliation, helping to keep on top of ingrown hairs after waxing and getting me ready for my moisturisers. The Conditioning Body Wash is also a great smell to wake up to! Tea Tree, Lemon, Rosemary and eucalyptus gets me ready for my day without being too much.


Slough It Off

I need ease of use in the bathroom, and although if I am dedicating a rare couple of hours to a 'spa session' at home I mix things up and create a real sense of escapism, I need things in sqweezy bottles that I can use without thinking. For me, Exfoliating Body Scrub is the best of both worlds. Not only does the smell emanating from the Lavender, Orange, Sandalwood and Rosemary oils relax my senses but the as the scrub part is made up from oilve, date and fig that has been pulverized into powders, it doesn't scratch my skin. My skin is delicate and needs a lot of TLC, but I find that if I use this twice a week the dull skin cells are sloughed off and I don't get itchy dry patches on the front of my legs and the backs of my arms.





Skin Food

Many of my clients like a bright smell in the mornings, but don't want to have a heavy scent at night when applying their body creams. I shower twice a day; after work in the treatment room it's great to refresh before the evening sets in. So I use, and suggest people also try, two different body creams. Body Hydrating Cream is a great morning light weight lotion that harnesses the scents of Lavender, Patchouli and Orange, which works really with the Conditioning Body Wash. It also has a slight exfoliating property with Lactic Acid, and Hydroxy Acids that are naturally derived from Sugar Cane and Apple. (Since using this in the mornings I've found that the bumps on the back of my arms and the back of my legs where my clothing rubs the skin have decreased ten fold.)
In the evenings I go for a richer cream that really feeds the skin in the form of Ultra Rich Body Cream with long lasting properties that help heal the skin after a long day at work. Evening Primrose and Hyaluronic Acid delivers maximum hydration to my skin and the fact that there isn't any essential oils means that I can either enjoy no scent or I can mix in my own oils, such as Stress Relief Oil, depending on my mood. It also means that super sensitive skins can enjoy maximum hydration without being worried that essential oils will kick off allergies or itching.

Treat Your Skin

With the season being in such flux it is very important to take time out to look after your body. I do find it odd that people spend so much time on their facial routines, but when it comes to their body they seem to not want to look after it. Massaging creams and oils into the skin not only connects us with our inner selves but also reminds us about how beautiful our shapes and curves are - there is not a single straight line in the human body! If we want to feel confident about how we look, our skin is what we should be looking at, just as much as out diets and exercise. If we have dull skin around knees, elbows and feet as well as dry patches on the front of our legs of course we won't feel confident when we bare all on holiday.

Enjoy time in the bathroom, start playing, mixing and making your body ritual your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop Dermalogica